This event aim to share experiences and best practices of SMEs to the Mediterranean Blue Economy sector and to put in common the possibilities of investment and economic development offered by the Sustainable Blue Economy.
When? 19 November 2021 - 15.00 - 16.30 Online!
1. Context and objectives of the event:
The second phase of the BLUE GROWTH COMMUNITY project was launched almost two years ago. Numerous activities related to community building, transferring, mainstreaming and strategic liaising have been implemented so far.
The thematic working groups are being set up through the Marina Platform and starting to work on the actual transfer and mainstreaming of the community’s tools, with special focus on Blue Economy.
This is a crucial period for the community considering the current transition to the upcoming Interreg Euro-MED programme and the recent release of the European Commission’s Communication on a new approach for a sustainable blue economy in the EU Transforming the EU's Blue Economy for a Sustainable Future.
It is therefore the right time to reflect on current and future challenges related to the development of a sustainable Blue Economy. In this context, in the framework of the Mediterranean Week of Economic Leaders - MedaWeek Barcelona, the Community is organising a mid-term Conference, with the aim to present the main results coming from the MED Blue Growth Projects to the participating Mediterranean private sector.
For this reason, we are certain that this is the right scenario for experts and companies participating in the MED Blue Growth Projects, to share their experiences and best practices to the Mediterranean Blue Economy sector and to put in common the possibilities of investment and economic development offered by the Sustainable Blue Economy.
In this event we will have the opportunity to present ECO project (powered by Syndeseas) which has been supported by Blue Crowdfunding Project. This project is still running, despite having already reached the minimum funding target of €8000.
2. Expected outputs
● Contribute to Blue Growth Community’s twofold capitalisation objective (namely mainstreaming and strategic liaising) by promoting the transfer and capitalisation of the jointly elaborated tools/measures and results, that explicitly target collective territorial appropriation and ownership.
● Consolidate the results achieved through the thematic working groups, mainly, on Blue Economy.
● Promote the Statement on how the BGC can contribute to achieving the objectives set by the European Commission in its Communication on a Sustainable Blue Economy.
● Foster an active participation/involvement of the private sector, especially SMEs and Clusters in the transferring and capitalisation results from the Med Blue Growth projects.
● The meeting will be held in English.
● Interpretation from and into English and Spanish is foreseen for the event.
Click here to register.